Let’s face it, eating plain salad can get pretty bland and boring every once in a while. Rather than giving up on the low carb benefits of salad, why not spice things up with this Thai Chicken Salad Recipe! Your tummy and your taste buds will be satisfied after enjoying this low carb and high protein meal option.
½ Cup Sliced Red Pepper
1 Head of Lettuce
½ Cup Chopped Green Pepper
3-4 Grilled Chicken Breast
½ Cup Grated Carrot
¼ Cup Green Onion
1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes
1 ½ Serving of Instant Vermicelli Noodles
¼ Tsp Garlic Powder
¼ Tsp Cajun Seasoning
3 Cups Water
2 ½ Tsp Sugar
1 ½ Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tsp Grated Ginger
¼ Cup Lime Juice
2 Tbsp Honey
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
2/3 Cup Hot Water
2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
¼ Tsp Minced Garlic
1 Tsp Dry Mustard
Ingredients: Quick Garlic Toast
Italian Bread Slices
1. Season chicken with garlic powder and Cajun seasoning and grill on BBQ until cooked through (or on stove top).
2. Wash and chop lettuce and vegetables and mix together in large bowl.
3. Soak vermicelli noodles in hot water for 5 minutes. Drain and add to salad.
4. Add all dressing ingredients together and microwave for 45 seconds. Remove and stir with whisk. Return to microwave for another 45 minutes.
5. Add, chicken, noodles, dressing and toss with lettuce and vegetables.
5. Serve with garlic toast (optional).
Garlic Toast Cooking Instructions:
Spread a small amount of butter on one side of thick Italian bread slices. Top the buttered side with a bit of minced garlic and parsley. Place in the oven, buttered side up for about 4 minutes and broil for the last minute to make bread toasty. Keep an eye on the bread so it does not burn.
Vegetarian Option:*Use peanuts and raw sunflower seeds instead of chicken
*Substitute vegetables and seasonings if you have aversions or preferences
Time Saver Tips-
*Buy pre-grated bag of carrots.
*Buy whole roasted chicken from grocery store and chop up breast meat.
Calories Per Dry Salad with Chicken: 135
Type of Recipe: low-fat/ low- carb/ high-protein
Recipe was submitted by Terri Gilson. Terri is a mother of 2 who works in health care and loves to cook. She is always trying to create recipes that are low fat, healthy and tasty.