If you are looking for a great tasting desert that will satisfy you sweet tooth without all the guilt, then try this Strawberry and Date Yogurt Parfait. The strawberries and dates provide the perfect sweetness and texture, while the protein from the Greek yogurt will keep you full and satisfied for hours. The best part about this desert is that you do not have to bake it or wait to eat. This recipe is easy to make and requires only a few ingredients.
1 and 1/2 Cups Plain Greek Yogurt
6 Pitted Dates
11-13 Fresh Strawberries, Washed and Stems Removed
1 Teaspoon Sugar
2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
1/4 cup Finley Crushed Graham Crackers
1 Tablespoon Melted Unsalted Butter
1. Chop dates coarsely. In a bowl, combine yogurt and dates.
2. Chop strawberries coarsely (Save 1 strawberry for topping). In a saucepan, put strawberries, sugar and lemon juice. Heat over medium-low heat and simmer until thickened like jam. Mash the strawberries and allow for them to cool.
3. In a small bowl, combine graham crackers and melted butter. Mix well. Put the mixture into each serving glass or bowl.
4. Put 1/4 of yogurt and dates mixture on the crust in the serving glass/bowl. Spread half of strawberry puree on top and put the rest of yogurt and dates mixture and spread on top with the rest of strawberry puree.
5. Cut the saved strawberry into quarters and put 2 pieces on the top of each parfait.
Type of Recipe: low-fat
Recipe submitted by Hidemi Walsh. Hidemi is a housewife who currently lives in Indiana. Hidemi cooks nutritious meals every day for herself and her diabetic husband in order to stay healthy. She has no culinary education or experience but has a strong passion for food and eating!
Click here for more great tasting recipes.