Giving up burgers as you try to slim down? Not so fast! Try a delicious twist using this black bean burger recipe.
A traditional burger from a restaurant can run you 776 calories, 44 grams of fat, 53 grams of carbohydrates and 42 grams of protein. It would take you about 4 hours of walking to burn that off. 4 hours! And that is not including the fries.
The recipe below allows you to enjoy a great tasting burger guilt free by replacing fatty beef with black beans, and using lettuce to replace the high-carb bun. If you eat this low-fat, homemade black bean burger, rather than the store or restaurant bought option, you will be saving yourself nearly 500 calories!
Speed up the fat burning process by drinking a calorie-burning Celsius instead of having a soda. Each serving of Celsius is proven to reduce body fat by up to 93%, and boost metabolism while accelerating your results. Enjoy each bite of this meal with no regrets!
- 1 16 oz Can of Unseasoned Black Beans
- 2 Eggs
- ½ Green Bell Pepper
- ½ Medium Onion
- ½ Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Clove Garlic
- ½ Cup of Bread Crumbs
- 4 Low Calorie or Low Carb Buns
- Rinse, drain and dry beans. Place dried beans in a medium bowl and mash beans well with a fork.
- Place green bell pepper, garlic and onions in the food processor and blend well. Strain to reduce excess moisture.
- Mix eggs and chili powder with the black beans, and then add in the mixture from the food processor; mix well.
- Add the bread crumbs last and stir until all items are combined well.
- Place a piece of foil on a baking sheet and mist with a non-stick cooking spray. Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Begin to mold 4 patties from the mixture and place each patty on the baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and allow to cook for 10 minutes on each side.
- Once the burgers are finished cooking, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Once patties are cooled, place inside the buns and top with your favorite burger condiments.
Nutrition Facts Per Burger
Recipe yields 4 black bean burger patties.
- Calories: 268
- Fat: 4 grams
- Carbohydrate: 47 grams
- Protein: 15 grams
Check out our other healthy recipes here!