Eating out can send a strict dieter into panic mode. But have no fear-Team Celsius Athlete and Certified Personal Trainer, Chad Demchik, provides his insight to his healthy eating tips while dining out.
RED FLAG TERMS ON MENU
- In Cheese Sauce
- Holland arise
- With gravy
- A La King
- Deep fried
All of the terms listed above pack a serious caloric punch.
If you are monitoring your sodium intake avoid:
- Creole Sauce
- Tomato Base
- Fish Sauce
- Soy sauce
- Hoisin Sauce
- Cocktail Sauce
- Mustard Sauce
- Chilli paste
MORE DINING DOS
- Choose dishes flavored with herbs and spices instead of rich sauces, gravies or dressings.
- Ask for sauces on the side and use them sparingly.
- Order a broth-based ( not cream-based ) soup or salad (dressed lightly or with dressing on the side, used it sparingly) to help fill up before a meal.
- Order meals where vegetables or fruits are major components.
- For a lower calorie dessert, try fresh fruit, sherbet, sorbet or angle food cake with fruit topping
- Ask for extra lettuce, tomato and other vegetables on sandwiches, burgers and wraps.
- Look for the terms grilled, steamed, poached, baked, roasted and braised in your options.
Download the Yum Power App. This app provides a list of healthy dining approved menu items.
For more healthy living eating and nutrition tips click here. What are your healthy eating tips while dining out? Be sure to share them with us in the comments section below!